It is the policy of the State of Connecticut that all government records are open for public inspection as provided in the Connecticut General Statutes as may be amended from time to time. When you use our site, you are acknowledging that personal information you provide is subject to Connecticut’s Public Records laws as stated in the Connecticut General Statutes. We may be required to disclose that information under certain circumstances.
You do not have to give us personal information to visit our website, download our publications, use our e-mail communications, and many other features. We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us. We will use the information that you voluntarily provide to us to notify you of selected content changes or new publications. We may also use it to conduct statistical analyses of user activities in order to measure user interest in the information we provide and how we provide it. However, we do collect and store some non-personal information automatically.
The following is an example of some of the information we may collect:
- Name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, xcompany.com, if you use a private Internet access account, or yourschool.edu if you connect from an educational institution’s domain);
- The page from which you came and the pages that you access;
- Date and time you access our site;
- Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site;
- Your system’s IP (Internet Protocol) address, and;
- The type of browser and operating system you used to access our site.
We use the information we collect in aggregate to count the number of and types of visitors to the different pages on our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors like you.