Established in 2004, Ellington Annual Winterfest and Tree-Lighting Ceremony is held the first weekend in December. The weekend includes a series of events to promote community and holiday spirit in the Town of Ellington. Events typically include the Tree-Lighting Ceremony, a Holiday Concert, Open House at the Nellie McKnight Museum, the Torchlight Parade, and Photo Opportunities with Santa and Mrs. Claus, Frosty the Snowman, and Rudolph and Red-Nosed Reindeer! Various refreshments and meals will also be available. See the Winterfest Schedule for more event details!
Mail: P.O. Box 282
Ellington, CT 06029
Committee Members & Volunteers
Ellen Karadimas: Chairman & Founder of Ellington's Winterfest
Sue Phillips: Director of Hall Memorial Library
Jack Rich and Gary Feldman: Coordinators of the Ellington Volunteer Fire Department's "Torchlight Parade" during Winterfest
Sharon McLaughlin: Liaison - Ellington Congregational Church
Dave Milnes: Santa Claus
Leslie Caron: Mrs. Claus
Jack Hagopian: Frosty the Snowman.
Anonymous Volunteer: Rudolph-the-Red-Nosed-Reindeer
Kathy Heminway: Gazebo
Tim Adams: Chorus and P.A. System
Also, big thanks to:
- Nancy Long, of the Ellington Historical Society for preparing the Nellie McKnight Museum
- Ellington Women's Club for treats and hot chocolate
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for their "Live Nativity"
- Express Verizon for contributing Rudolph's costume
- Ellington's Public Works Department
- Town Constables
- Ellington Volunteer Fire Department, and a myriad of volunteers for all the work they do