About the Alerts
Get emergency alerts and optional community alerts by signing up for the Town of Ellington's Emergency and Community Alerts program. This provides a means for Town officials to notify you by phone, email, SMS TXT, and/or TTY/TDD, as elected by you. You create and control your enrollment profile, and your information is protected by a username and a password that you create. Using your username and your password, you may change or even delete your profile at anytime.
Town officials will be able to notify you directly of emergencies, with requirements or recommendations for residents and property owners; this can be used for Town-wide or localized emergencies. If you so select, this will also provide a way for various Town Department officials to notify you of important new information such as Town program delays or cancellations, unanticipated closures or re-locations, limited opportunities, etc.
Powered by Everbridge, this system broadcasts messages at exceptionally high speed (thousands of calls per minute), going through your contact paths until it gets feedback that someone at your end has acknowledged receipt of the message. Ellington relies on you to supply the necessary information. If you don't enroll, you will not receive the alerts.
How To Sign-Up
Visit the Sign Up website on Everbridge. Click on Sign Up and then construct your profile with, at minimum, the following:
- Create and enter a username (at least 6 characters long, with letters and/or numbers).
- Create and enter a password (at least 8 characters, with both letters and numbers).
- Pick a security question and enter answer.
- Type code shown into the field provided.
- Click on Submit at bottom right of page (if unacceptable entries exist, they will flag in red at top of page) to advance to next page.
- Check all the important community alerts of which you want to be alerted.
- Complete the About You section (continuing into Special Needs and Volunteer sections if you so check).
- Enter Ellington Community Alerts Locations You Care About, with up to 5 different locations (postal code limited to 06029).
- Click on Next at bottom right of page.
- Fill in the How to Contact You section with phone numbers (include area code), email addresses, etc., and list order of contact both for Emergencies and for Community Alerts.
- Click on Submit at bottom of page.
- After viewing your profile and making any needed edits, click on Log Out at top of page after Welcome (your name), completing the sign-up process.
- You can then terminate your session.
If you need help to sign-up or to change your information, you can contact our Hall Memorial Library at 93 Main Street or by phone at 860-870-3160 for assistance; the Senior Center will also provide support on request, and they can be reached at 860-870-3133.. The library and the Ellington Senior Center located at 40 Maple Street will also provide one-on-one support, on request. Please call the Senior Center at 860-870-3133.