Use Town Property or Hold a Special Event
If you would like to reserve Arbor Park, the Batz Property or another Town property, please review Chapter 17 of the Town Code on Public Assemblies and complete the appropriate paperwork for your event. Please contact the First Selectman's Office for availability.
Commonly Used Town Properties
- Arbor Park
- Batz Property
- Old Crystal Lake Schoolhouse
- Robert Tedford Memorial Park - Check with the Parks and Recreation Department
Once you have determined what forms you need...
Complete the appropriate form(s) and submit them to the First Selectman's office by email, fax (860-870-3102) or in person. The application will be reviewed, a determination will be made and you will be notified. Special event licenses for large events on any property in Town must be submitted 60 days prior to the event. Special event licenses are granted by the Board of Selectmen. Call or email the First Selectman's Office if you have any questions or to check availability of a Town property.
- Town Property Use Form Application (PDF)
- Outside Public Assembly Application - 100 or more attendees (required along with Town Property Use form)
- Special Event License Application - 250 or more attendees; apply at least 60 days prior to your event
- Special Event License Application - Checklist for Applicant
- Liability Insurance CIRMA Option - Liability Insurance is required for private gatherings
- Campfire/Bonfire Application