Read on for full details and job description.
- Current Vacancies
- Bazaars, Bingo and Raffles
- Building Permits
- Home Occupation
- Police Permits
- Public Works
Municipalities are responsible for the permitting and enforcement of all bingo games, bazaars, and raffles taking place in their town.
The Commissioner of Consumer Protection is the permit-issuing authority for sealed ticket activities.
- I want to build a shed behind my house. Do I need a permit? Yes, permits are required; see brochure for more information.
- Do I need a permit to have a pool at my house? Yes, permits are required; see brochure for more information.
- How far from my property line do I need to locate a privacy fence? See the attached brochure for more information.
- Can I convert a portion of my house for an accessory apartment? You may be able to dedicate a portion of your home to use as an accessory apartment; see brochure for more information.
- Do I need a permit to erect a tent on my property? The Building Department has very specific requirements regarding application for a permit to erect a tent. It is best that you begin your inquiry with the Building Department; give them a call at 860-870-3124.
Liquor permits that have been granted or renewed by the Department of Consumer Protection must be filed by the permit holder with the Town Clerk of the town where the place of business described in the permit is located. The filing fee for such a filing is $20.