The Town Clerk's Office asks that you renew or register any dogs by mail or by the 24-hour drop box in front of Town Hall, if possible - check or money order is preferred. You can also renew online. Your new tags will be returned to you by mail. If renewing by mail/drop box, please provide a self-addressed, STAMPED envelope if possible to help reduce costs. The office is open, but limited to one person at a time.
Please remember to include your most recent rabies vaccine certificate, even if you believe it's on file, just to eliminate any confusion or delays. It will be returned to you with your tag. If your dog has been spayed/neutered since your last renewal, include that as well.
Renewal postcards are in the mail; please return it with payment, or, if you no longer have your dog, please note that on the back. You can call the Town Clerk's Office at 860-870-3105 with questions!
Things to Remember:
- Return your renewal card with payment.
- Include your rabies certificate if it's due (see postcard).
- The fee is $8 spayed/neutered, $19 for unaltered.
- Renewals are due between June 1 and June 30.
- Our mailing address is 55 Main Street, P.O. Box 187, Ellington, CT 06029 - ATTN: Town Clerk