In addition, Governor Lamont announced that he is accepting the recommendations of the Allocation Subcommittee of the Governor’s COVID-19 Vaccine Advisory Group to expand phase 1b to include additional population groups. In the coming weeks, phase 1b will expand to include:
- Residents between the ages of 65 and 74 (approximately 353,000 individuals); and
- Residents between the ages of 16 and 64 who have underlying health conditions that put them at greater risk of the virus (approximately 362,000 individuals).
This is in addition to those already in phase 1b, including:
- Residents who are 75 and older (approximately 277,000 individuals);
- Residents and staff of congregate settings (approximately 50,000 individuals); and
- Frontline essential workers (approximately 325,000 individuals).