town of ellington logo

Welcome to the Town of Ellington

Veteran's Discharge Records

Filing Records

Veteran's discharge records may be filed at no charge in the Town Clerk's Office.

Any Town resident who served in the military during a non-war period may wish to file their discharge records with the Town Clerk's Office for safekeeping.


Anyone who wants to claim an exemption from local property tax for service during periods of war may apply to the Assessor's Office for an exemption. The original discharge papers are filmed and filed in the Town Clerk's Office.

Lost Military Records  

To obtain copies of your lost military records, please fill out a Request Form.