Notarial services are available in the Town Clerk's Office by appointment only, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. by calling 860-870-3105 for an appointment. You must appear in person and provide proper identification, such as a driver's license, or a photo ID.
- We cannot notarize documents to or from foreign countries OR documents to or from foreign or U.S. embassies or consulates.
- We cannot notarize wills of any kind or power of attorney forms.
- A notary public has no authority to certify translations.
- Ellington Residents: First signature is free ($5 per signature thereafter)
- Non-Ellington Residents: $5 per signature
- Business Documents: $5 per signature
Verification of Registration
If you need to verify that a notary is registered within the Town of Ellington, Certificates of Verification are available for $2.
Notary Public Certifications & Renewals
Notary Public Certificates and renewal Certificates for notaries residing in Ellington must be registered in the Town Clerk's Office. Please appear personally with proper identification. To access forms and applications, please visit the Secretary of State's Office website.
|Original Commission of Notary Public||$20|
|Change of Name Only||$15|
|Change of Name and Change of Address Within Town||$15|
|Change of Name and Change of Address to a New Town||$10|
|Change of Address to a New Town||$10|
|Change of Address Within Town but No Change of Name||No Fee|