town of ellington logo

Welcome to the Town of Ellington

Liquor Permits

Filing for a Permit

Liquor permits that have been granted or renewed by the Department of Consumer Protection must be filed by the permit holder with the Town Clerk of the town where the place of business described in the permit is located.

The filing fee for such a filing is $20.


Every liquor permit, signed by the Town Clerk, shall be framed and displayed in plain view in a conspicuous place in any room where the sales so permitted are to be carried out.

Revocations, Suspensions & Reinstatements

A certificate of revocation, suspension, or reinstatement of any liquor permit must be sent by the Department of Consumer Protection to the Town Clerk, who must then attach this certificate to the copy of the permit on file.

For more information, please visit the Department of Consumer Protection website.