town of ellington logo

Welcome to the Town of Ellington

Change of Name

Any person owning real estate within the Town of Ellington whose name has been changed due to marriage, divorce, adoption, etc., shall, within 60 days of the change, file with the Town Clerk a Certificate of Name Change giving the name before and after such change.


You will be required to provide proper identification, such as a drivers license or picture ID with your new name on it.  If your new name is not on your license, you will be asked to provide a certified copy of your marriage license, divorce decree, adoption, or other court papers indicating the change.


This certificate must be filed on the land records for a recording fee of $60.