Electronics - Electronics can be dropped off inside the shed during business hours.
Textiles - Textiles can be dropped off in the purple Hartsprings Textiles containers.
Cardboard - Cardboard can be dropped off in the cardboard dumpster during business hours.
Waste Oil - Oil can be dropped off inside the shed during business hours.
Scrap Metal - Scrap metal can be dropped off outside the shed during business hours.
Appliances - Appliances can be dropped off outside the shed during business hours.
Batteries - Batteries can be dropped off during business hours.
Light Bulbs - Bulbs can be dropped off inside the shed during business hours.
Propane Tanks - Tanks can be dropped off outside the shed during business hours.
Mattress/Box Spring - Available during Information Desk hours.
Paint - Available during Information Desk hours.
Recycling Center HoursMonday-Thursday 6:30 am - 3:30 pmFriday 6:30 am - 12:30 pmThird Saturday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Residents can visit the Information Desk for all Trash and Recycling questions, drop off paint and mattresses, and exchange items in the Swap Shop.
The Swap Shop is where lightly used items may be dropped off for others who may need them. For item inspection and to fill the shelves appropriately, for the first four weeks, residents will be allowed to drop off items but not allowed to take items.
Items NOT Accepted:
- Large furniture.
- Clothing (collection boxes next to shop available)
- Liquids of any kind.
- Textile goods of any kind.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Chemicals (Fertilizers, Pesticides, Herbicides, Cleaners, etc.)
- Construction & Demolition Debris.
- Any material otherwise acceptable that is moldy, mildewed, or malodorous.
- Any material or device containing a hazardous material (Lead, Mercury, etc.)
- Items must be clean, functional, and have all necessary parts.
- The Swap Shop will only be open during Information Desk hours.
- Must be an Ellington resident.
- An attendant inspects and approves all items for the Swap Shop.
- Items are for personal use only, not for resale.
- The Town assumes no liability for any items taken.
- Anyone not following the rules will be banned from using the facility.
- Personnel managing the Swap Shop reserve the right not to accept items.
- Personnel managing the Swap Shop reserve the right to decide how long an item will remain at the Swap Shop and how it will be discarded.
Paint and Mattress
Paint and mattress disposal will be available during Information Desk hours. Appointments will only be available for large quantities. Residents must notify staff once they arrive.
Information Desk HoursTuesday and Thursday 1:00 pm - 3:30 pmThird Saturday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Call - (860) 870-3140