town of ellington logo

Welcome to the Town of Ellington

Boards and Commissions

2023 Land Use Commission Meeting Schedule

The Conservation Commission (CC) focuses on conservation planning which includes planning for Open Space, Farmland Preservation, Clean Energy Community and Solarize Ellington initiatives.

The Design Review Board (DRB) is an advisory board to the Planning and Zoning Commission (PZC) which reviews Site Plan applications and makes recommendations on implementing commercial and industrial designs that fit the character of the town of Ellington.

The Economic Development Commission (EDC) plans for and promotes business development within the community in order to increase the grand list and balance the tax burden between commercial, industrial, and residential uses.
The Inland Wetlands Agency (IWA) is responsible for protecting inland wetlands and watercourses. The IWA does this via permits for "regulated activities" and through enforcement of the regulations by field inspections, cease and desist orders, and if necessary, by fines.
The Planning and Zoning Commission (PZC) is responsible for maintaining the Town's Plan of Conservation and Development, as well as processing subdivision, site plan, special permit, and other development applications. These applications are processed in accordance with regulations, such as the zoning and subdivision regulations.

The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) is essentially a court consisting of local volunteers who judge applicants claims that they cannot comply with the zoning regulations because the regulations affect their land in some unique way.