town of ellington logo

The Town of Ellington


Ellington Human Services does not provide housing or manage housing sites.  Although, we can provide you with housing resources based on your situation.  Please call us for more information or read below for some of the available resources.

Senior/Disabled subsidized housing

Persons who are elderly or disabled are eligible for apply for housing at Snipsic Village.  For more information please contact them at 860-872-6923.

For other senior/disabled subsidized housing in the area please contact us for a list.

Single/Family subsidized housing

Ellington does not have a single/family subsidized housing site.  Please contact us for a list of sites in surrounding Towns.

Section 8 and other affordable housing listings

Go to or to see Section 8 openings and other affordable housing listings.

Rent or Mortgage Assistance

Human Services provides one-time, limited monetary assistance for residents renting or owning in Ellington who have had an emergency situation.  Persons in need will have to provide proof that their income is high enough to sustain living in their apartment or home, as well as, our limited assistance will need to make you current with your rent or mortgage.  We will also need to contact your landlord or mortgage holder to verify your status as well as complete forms.  We will not provide assistance if you have already received a notice to quit, eviction, foreclosure or ejection letter. Funds are limited and based on availability. 


Persons who are homeless or who are facing eviction/foreclosure can call 211 who will assist you with getting into a shelter.  

Joy Hollister

Human Services Director

Rebecca Stack

Elderly Outreach/Social Worker

Stephanie Mather

Administrative Secretary II, Human Services/Parks & Rec
Email the Office

Ph: 860-870-3128
Fax: 860-870-3198

31 Arbor Way
P.O. Box 187
Ellington, CT 06029