Ad Hoc Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
CULTIVATE - ADVOCATE - PROMOTE
To promote a community that ensures welcoming attitudes, inclusion, equity, affirmation and respect of diversity in Ellington.
Check out the video some of our members put together on what Independence Day in this country means to us!
How do we do this?
- By examining our values and striving to make Ellington a great place for all to live.
- By understanding that Ellington is not just one pie for us to share, instead, it has many, many pies.
- By creating an Ellington that is not just a place where people live, but a place where people feel they belong.
- By making equity and inclusion a priority now.
- By asking ourselves, why do people want to live here? And why do people not want to live here? What are the experiences that people have when they come to Ellington to live, visit, eat, work and play? Do their experiences align with our values?
Quotes to think about:
"Create inclusion - with a simple mindfulness that others might have a different reality from your own". (Patty Digh)
"Remember you don't fear people whose story you know". (Margaret Wheatley)