town of ellington logo

The Town of Ellington

Outside Public Assembly Function

Outdoor events, carnivals and fairs are regulated by the Connecticut State Fire Prevention Code and by two Town of Ellington Ordinances.  A special event license may be required by the Town, as well.  Many small events are exempt from these regulations when conducted on the grounds of single and two-family dwellings for private party purposes, provided no admission fees are charged.  While there are a number of places where one could begin, the first step in the planning process may well be to contact the Department of Town Fire Marshal.  Eventually, you will likely also work with the First Selectman's Office along with the Planning, North Central District Health Department, Building, Public Works and Police departments.