The Grand List is the primary source of revenue for the Town and is the culmination of a year's worth of work performed by the Assessment staff in the valuation of the Town tax base. The change in the Grand List totals represent the value of Real Property, Personal Property, and Motor Vehicles as realized each year as of October 1.
The factors that affect the bottom line are:
- The total amount of assets that have been added or subtracted to each classification
- Our ability to detect and accurately value these assets
Simply put, it is our task to discover, list, and value all taxable and tax-exempt property in our jurisdiction as of October 1 of each year.
- The Taxable Net Grand List for 2019 is $1,431,102,139. This is an overall increase of $16,790,239 or 1.19% when compared to the 2018 Grand List.
- The Real Estate portion of the Grand List increased by $4,225,118 or 0.35%.
- The Personal Property list increased by $6,742,946 or 11.85% and the Motor Vehicle list increased by $5,822,175 or 4.07%.