Reporting Violations

Report open burning that is affecting your health or quality of life:   If the burning is currently occurring you should notify Central Dispatch at 911.  A fire officer will respond and order that the fire be extinguished.  If your complaint is being made after-the-fact, please notify the Dept. of Town Fire Marshal;  a written complaint may or may not be required, depending upon the nature of the complaint.

Report obstructions to a posted fire lane:  
If you observe a vehicle parked within a posted fire lane you may notify the local police at 860-875-1522.  For other obstructions, such as dumpsters, outside stored materials, construction materials, demolition materials, tents, etc., you may notify the Dept. of Town Fire Marshal at 860-870-3126.

Report suspected fire code violations:  
You should notify the Dept. of Town Fire Marshal;  if you suspect that the violations are life-threatening, you should immediately notify the fire dept. by calling Central Dispatch at 911. 


  1. Fire Marshal Department

    Physical Address
    57 Main Street
    Ellington, CT 06029

    Mailing Address
    P.O. Box 187
    Ellington, CT 06029

    Phone: 860-870-3126
    Fax: 860-870-3122

    Monday - Thursday
    8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.