Open Burning Permit

Apply for an open burning permit

The open burning of brush only (not in excess of three inches diameter) is allowed by permit on residential property upon which the owner resides. Open burning upon agricultural property is also authorized for legitimate agricultural purposes.  Applications are available on the Town website under “Fire Marshal”; they are also available at the Dept. of Town Fire Marshal in the Town Hall Annex.  The application must be presented at the Dept. of Town Fire Marshal and a small fee will then be collected.   Please note that the burning of any leaves, processed wood, or construction or demolition debris cannot be approved under any circumstances.

  1. Fire Marshal Department

    Physical Address
    57 Main Street
    Ellington, CT 06029

    Mailing Address
    P.O. Box 187
    Ellington, CT 06029

    Phone: 860-870-3126
    Fax: 860-870-3122

    Monday - Thursday
    8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.