Campfires and Bonfires

 Lawfully have a campfire or bonfire on  residential property:  

Campfires are lawful on single and two-family property without a permit provided you are burning clean “non-processed” firewood, the fire is constantly attended, it is not exposing any property to loss by fire and it is not generating any neighborhood complaints.  Campfires on all other properties and bonfires anywhere require a permit and applications are available on this website under “Fire Marshal”; they are also available at the Dept. of Town Fire Marshal in the Town Hall Annex.  The application must be presented at the Dept. of Town Fire Marshal and a small fee will be collected.

  1. Fire Marshal Department

    Physical Address
    57 Main Street
    Ellington, CT 06029

    Mailing Address
    P.O. Box 187
    Ellington, CT 06029

    Phone: 860-870-3126
    Fax: 860-870-3122

    Monday - Thursday
    8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.